Third Wave, the technology powering CareBand, has been chosen as one of five companies to present in the 2021 Chicago Venture Summit on September 27-29. The pitch will be hosted at mHUB, Chicago’s hard tech and physical products.
The venture capital summit brings together leading venture capital investors and innovation ecosystem leaders with founders. The summit also shares the results of a breaking year in Chicago’s startup funding scene. In 2020, Chicago startups raised a record-breaking $2.8 billion in VC funding. Then in 2021, Chicago startups raised more than $3 billion in VC funding with new local tech unicorns.
Each of the selected companies is a member of the mHUB community. During the summit, each company will share their technologies and how they are making a difference in the world of healthcare or industrial IoT.
- Third Wave is a powerful technology platform for low-power based services and applications centered around the safety, security, and health of people and animals. Utilizing a combination of state-of-the-art low power communication technologies, sensor fusion, edge computing, and serverless infrastructure, Third Wave offers customers a path to creating customizable revenue-generating solutions.
- Cast21 is a medical device company that creates innovative healthcare solutions, inspiring change in the way the world heals. Our first product offers a waterproof alternative to casting or bracing for the treatment of bone fractures or joint injuries. This alternative improves the quality of life of patients through its breathable and lightweight design. Doctors benefit from a streamlined application and removal process that does not require any scanning or sawing equipment, heat, water, or electricity. We are registered and listed with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and our product is available at select clinics nationwide.
- Compocket reimagines the test and measurement devices.
- Just Air provides local air pollution monitoring solutions to cities to bring greater transparency into the disparities of air quality among our communities. With proper visibility from JustAir’s neighborhood-level air quality monitors, local leaders can more accurately identify sources of pollutants and thus develop data-driven solutions in order to protect the breathing environment for our most vulnerable groups.
- Resonado Labs is an audio technology company pursuing design audio at its core. By setting a new industry standard with its patented, design-flexible speaker driver structure named Flat Core Speaker (FCS) technology, Resonado Labs provides businesses with the ability to achieve the coexistence of product design and performance without sacrificing either. With its FCS technology as its flagship product, Resonado Labs is creating the entire audio ecosystem where audio is rethought as part of the overall design vs. being a feature of the product.
This year’s summit is shaping up to be an outstanding event.